The Senedd Cymru (Members and Elections) Bill was introduced into the Senedd on 18 September 2023.
This page pulls together key Senedd Research publications to support scrutiny of the Bill. It will be updated as the Bill makes its way through the Senedd’s legislative process.
You can follow the Bill’s progress on the Senedd Cymru (Members and Elections) Bill page. This includes the Bill itself and the Explanatory Memorandum, which includes Explanatory Notes and a Regulatory Impact Assessment.
- Senedd Research Bill Summary. Provides an overview of the provisions in the Bill, and signposts to where further information can be found (11 October 2023)
- Senedd Research Bilingual Glossary. Provides a list of technical and novel terms used in the Bill. It’s intended to help bilingual scrutiny (28 September 2023)
- Senedd Research article: Senedd Cymru (Members and Elections) Bill: the next steps for Senedd reform (20 September 2023)
- Senedd Research article: Senedd reform: a glossary. Provides explanations for key terms used in the Bill and in the wider debate about Senedd Reform (20 September 2023).
- Senedd Research article: Senedd reform – the story so far (24 August 2023)
- Senedd Research briefing: Senedd Electoral Reform. Background briefing on the Expert Panel on Assembly Electoral Reform, the Committee on Senedd Electoral Reform and the Special Purpose Committee on Senedd reform (August 2023).
- Senedd Research article: Senedd to debate proposals for a Senedd of 96 Members (June 2022).
- Senedd Research Briefing: Constitutional Quick Guides (November 2021)
- Senedd Research article: Senedd ‘undersized’ and ‘lacks diversity’ reform report finds (October 2020).
Article by Josh Hayman, Senedd Research, Welsh Parliament