These Constitutional Quick Guides provide an overview of the constitutional arrangements in Wales.
- a comprehensive glossary of key terms used in a Welsh parliamentary context;
- a background to the UK’s constitution;
- a history of Welsh devolution;
- a guide to the legislative process in the Senedd;
- an overview of the way subordinate legislation is scrutinised in the Senedd;
- an overview of the consent process for the UK Parliament to legislate within devolved areas; and
- a look at the statutory duties and powers of the Welsh Government, Counsel General, Presiding Officer, Senedd Commission and the Secretary of State for Wales.
Article by Gruffydd Owen, Senedd Research, Welsh Parliament