Welcome to the Senedd’s new website. If you have any difficulty using this site please get in touch.
About Senedd Research
We are a research and information service based in the Senedd.
We provide politically impartial research to Members of the Senedd, their staff and Senedd Committees. This helps Members answer questions from constituents and supports them in scrutinising the Welsh Government’s legislation and policy.
We publish our research in a number of formats, from short articles and longer briefings to interactive maps which contributes to an open and well informed debate in Wales.
- Head of Senedd Research: Kathryn Potter
- Telephone: 0300 200 6587
- Email: Kathryn.Potter@Senedd.Wales
Providing a reference and information service including official publications; newspapers; periodicals; e-resources and monitoring services.
- Head of Library: Stephanie Wilson
- Telephone: 0300 200 6299
- Email: Stephanie.Wilson@Senedd.Wales
Economy, Communities and Local Government Team
Providing specialist advice on the economy; European Union; social justice; welfare; equal opportunities; voluntary sector; community safety; culture; sport and recreation; museums and libraries; Welsh language; local government, public services, regeneration and housing.
- Research Team Leader: Ben Stokes
- Telephone: 0300 200 6294
- Email: Ben.Stokes@Senedd.Wales
Education and Lifelong Learning Team
Providing specialist advice on children and young people, education and lifelong learning.
- Research Team Leader: Siân Thomas
- Telephone: 0300 200 6291
- Email: Siân.Thomas@Senedd.Wales
Environment and Transport Team
Providing specialist advice on transport; energy; environment; planning; agriculture; fisheries; rural development; sustainable development; forestry; marine and inland waters.
- Research Team Leader: Andrew Minnis
- Telephone: 0300 200 6314
- Email: Andrew.Minnis@Senedd.Wales
External and Constitutional Affairs Team
Providing specialist advice on the Senedd; devolution; the UK constitution; legislation; European affairs including the EU's institutions; Brexit; governance; subordinate legislation; elections and referendums; international affairs and international trade.
- European Adviser and Research Team Leader: Nia Moss
- Telephone: 0300 200 6313
- Email: Nia.Moss@Senedd.Wales
Financial Scrutiny Unit
Providing specialist advice on Senedd finance and budgets; taxation; local government finance and general statistics including methods and sources.
- Research Team Leader: Martin Jennings
- Telephone: 0300 200 6306
- Email: Martin.Jennings@Senedd.Wales
Health and Social Policy Team
Providing specialist advice on health policy and health services; social care and social services; children's health and wellbeing; older people and community safety.
- Research Team Leader: Sarah Hatherley
- Telephone: 0300 200 6318
- Email: Sarah.Hatherley@Senedd.Wales