- The Welsh Government’s budget motion for the Final Budget 2015-16 will be debated in plenary on 9 December 2014.
- The National Assembly’s Finance Committee has led the scrutiny of the budget. The Finance Committee have produced a scrutiny report on the budget, to which Welsh Government have responded.
- The only change between the Welsh Government’s Draft and Final Budgets was the announcement of £10 million capital spending for a transport project in North Wales.
- In addition to funding allocations in the Final Budget, the UK Autumn Statement 2014 announced on the 3 December means that in 2015-16 the total revenue available for Wales increases by £113.2 million, and the total capital by £8.8 million, of which £2.3 million is for Financial Transactions. The Welsh Government’s intentions for these amounts are expected to be scrutinised by the Assembly at a future supplementary budget.
- The Finance Committee has also scrutinised the estimates for the Assembly Commission, Wales Audit Office and Public Services Ombudsman for Wales which are referred to in the budget motion.
Welsh Government Final Budget 2015-16
Published 05/12/2014   |   Last Updated 27/05/2021   |   Reading Time minutes