The Bill received Royal Assent on 18 December 2020. A number of amendments were made to the Bill during its passage through the House of Lords. The Senedd and the Scottish Parliament did not give their legislative consent to the Bill.
The Act includes provisions:
- that set new rules on how legislatures and governments in the UK can legislate to regulate goods and services in future;
- on the regulation of professional qualifications in the UK;
- on the implementation of the Protocol on Ireland-Northern Ireland;
- to give UK Ministers new spending powers in devolved areas;
- and to reserve powers related to subsidy control.
Article by Nia Moss, Senedd Research, Welsh Parliament