The UK and devolved governments have plans for 26 common frameworks in areas devolved to Wales, such as food safety, air quality and public procurement. Most common frameworks came into effect on a provisional basis at the end of the Brexit transition period on 31 December 2020.
Provisional common frameworks are being published for scrutiny. Senedd committees are carrying out scrutiny of provisional common frameworks, alongside committees in parliaments across the UK.
This page brings together Senedd Research briefings on provisional common frameworks.
- UK Government, Common frameworks
- Joint Ministerial Committee (European Negotiations), Common Frameworks: Definition and Principles (2017)
- Senedd, Common Frameworks – Sixth Seneddand Common UK policy frameworks (Fifth Senedd)
- Senedd Research, Rulemaking outside the EU (2022)
- External Affairs and Additional Legislation Committee, Common policy frameworks: Assembly scrutiny(2019)
- House of Lords Common Frameworks Scrutiny Committee
- House of Commons Public Administration and Constitution Committee, Common Frameworks
- House of Commons Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, DEFRA Common frameworks
- Scottish Parliament Information Centre, Common Frameworks Hub
- Northern Ireland Assembly, Common Frameworks
Article by Lucy Valsamidis, Senedd Research, Welsh Parliament